Tuesday, April 04, 2006

How Was French Class? Tres Bien!!

French class was good.. I think.. and a little hard! The class consisted, as expected, by mostly older folks who are going to vacation in France.. or
as I discovered... senior show offs!! (can you believe?) Almost all the folks there had previous lessons and actually know more French than they let on.

Me and the only other younger person there, Elena, (from Madrid and very nice) are the true newbies. Anyway, the method is.. total immersion. The teacher, which I think is fantastic, could barely speak English. She was speaking and we were answering in French almost exclusively, especially for a first lesson. I was a little petrified, but somehow, she was happy as I butchered the French Language.

Both the French Lesson book and exercise workbook are all in French... and throughout the night, I could feel myself having a little panic attacks. Oh, well, we don't have lessons next week because the teacher is in a seminar, so I will keep practicing everynight!

Bien! A bientot!! Tchao!!

(Great, see you soon, bye!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home