Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Dinner with Camp Last Night

Yup, Camp came into town last night. He called me last week and said that he was helping out with his company's job fair today, so last night he drove down from Seattle, made some sales calls and picked me up for dinner. We ate at Fenouil, the best french bistro and my favorite spot in town.

The same host that greeted my brother and I last Saturday said to me, "Nice to see you again." Camp smiled and turned to me, "So, I guess you come here a lot?" I grinned back. Yeah, I guess I do.

We caught up on a bunch of stuff. I can tell that he is really stressed, he talked a lot about his new manager position at work and all the responsibilities he as now. I wish I could tear that blackberry away from him. ;) Dinner was phenomenal, as Camp and all my friends can attest. Can't go wrong in this place.

Camps excited about going to Vegas soon, as am I. The tables are calling. Then he brought up some thing surprising: "So, when are we going back to Europe again?" I laughed and responded, "Is that how we're going to celebrate our 6th anniversary?" I think I stunned him. Yeah, six years, that's longer than my stint with He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. Amazing.

After he dropped me off and I was starting to settle into sleep - watching the last half of the Amazing Race. I got a call, he had just checked into his hotel room on the otherside of town. He was serioius, he wanted to finish our conversation regarding planning our European vacation. I told him I have to sort of think about it. What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home