Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Hope, Bowling and Eavesdroppings

Hi guys, just random thoughts and happenings from this past weekend:

Hope

I visited my Grandma or mama, as we call her, at the nursing home. She always has the same reaction of disbelief everytime I visit her. "I was praying you would come." I am happy to see her, happy to lavish gifts and give my time to her on Sundays. It constantly annoys (and at times, angers me) me that no one other family than my mom, brother, aunt and uncle will give more of themselves and their time to devote to my lonely and sad grandmother, but enough of that.

During our little Sunday brunch, we were treated to a group of young singers and tap dancers performing for well over an hour. I was impressed that this group had no adults guiding them on, that they performed happily and with everything they had. Almost each took turns playing the guitar and after their performance, they went around and talked to the residents of the nursing home. I was very impressed and it have me new hope for today's youth.



Bowling
Jason won 2-1 during our first practice for my company's Junior Acheivement Bowl-a-Thon... and you know, I hate to lose. Both of us hit a couple of doubles, but no turkey, well, unless you count me. :)

(Email me if you would like to donate to this worthy cause.)



Eavesdropping

I got the following email from my realtor who helped sell my condo in Solana Beach:

"Hi Jenny,

You and your adventures keep me laughing. I was at California Adventure with one of my daughters yesterday. Here we are standing in line for the tower of terror. Of course you can’t help but listen to the conversations going on around you.

The people behind us are discussing going on The amazing race, and who would be good to be partnered with who. The say Jenny De La Cruz would be great with so and so. It is just such a small world. They don’t just say Jenny, but your full name. Anyway, they were some friends from Peoplesoft, and then we were moved to different lines. I think you would be perfect on the Amazing Race, you are so well traveled, level-headed, and now learning French. Keep blogging, it makes me smile.

All the best,

Amanda"


Wow!! Can you believe it!! I was so excited to get this email!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home