Sunday, April 30, 2006

Big Love

Once again, I hear these words at Dawn and David's wedding the following verse from Corinthians:

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

Those verses never ceases to cause my eyes to brim with tears at weddings. I am reminded of what I am doing well and where I fail in my understanding of love. It constantly surprises, disappoints, challenges and puts to test all I have learned, experienced and felt in the matters of my heart.

I blog this only because in the last week, like some unexpected synergy in my life, the men in who have touched and somehow firmly secured a little piece of my heart have all contacted or made a point to see me in some way in the last week. Some have broken my heart, most more than once. Like a pendulum they seem to swing back into my life only to be to leave again - due to strange circumstance, at my insistnance, or with a long email or written note of how their hearts have no room, at this point in time, for me.

Yet here we are together again. I feel like the character Carrie, from Sex in the City, would type on her laptop: "Can one truly keep no record of wrong in their heart?"

Girls, I look forward to Chick Day. We'll talk until we laugh or cry... and drink to those whom our hearts cannot forget, cannot let go or often and blindly forgives again and again.

See you soon. Love, Jenn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home