Thursday, June 01, 2006

Chick Day 2006

Chicks:(L-R,T-B) Sher, Leo, Diana, Mylene, Eunice, Mariah and Jenny


It's been too long. These women are my dearest and, for some, our friendship extends beyond a few decades!!! It's been 3 long years and I miss our get-togethers where we become silly girls again!

I couldn't wait to cook for these ladies and to plan the fun games for this year. Eunice came early and, as usual, caught a haggard Jenn desperately trying to do last minute cleaning. I made the entree - a fantastic Greek dish, called "Pastisio" - the day before, so I needed help with the appetizer, which I am proud of and consisted of an:
- Asparagus Tart
- Smoked Salmon, creme fraise and caviar on melba toast
- Blue cheese stuffed olives
- Fresh salmon and avocado sushi
- mini buffalo mozzarella on cherry tomatoes with balsamic vinaigrette dressing

The entree was Pastisio - the Greek version of an Italian lasagna, but better!!

For dessert, I whipped up a Ghiardelli chocolate fondue with poundcake, strawberries, pineapple, bananas, mangos, kiwi and other fruits to dip in!!

The games were "Set the Table", an idea stolen from Martha Stewart's living magazine and what we learned this chick day was..."How to play Poker!!"

Eunice won the former and we all learned that Diana can bluff like a character out of HBO's Deadwood!! Fun was had by all and I can't wait to plan the next one.

Love you guys,

Jenn

Click here to enjoy the Chick Day 2006 Photos!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home