Friday, April 22, 2005

Jenny's Confetti Potato Salad

I went to a birthday party the other weekend. There was a couple there who greeted me, not with hello, but an inqusitive, "Potato Salad?" No, I answered. Their shoulders sagged. They've begged me for the recipe and I am now giving it to the whole world. (OK, ok.. to who ever comes across this blog.)

I first learned how to make this salad from the lady I was renting a room from back when I lived in "The O.C." She just basically... dumped all the ingredients together. She never measured and consequently, neither did I. So finally, thanks to some bench time, I tested and got measurements for the recipe. Hope you guys can put it to good use, look for this dish at my annual BBQ in July.

This is for you Ralph & Michelle.

Jenny's Confetti Potato Salad

5lbs Peeled, whole, boiled potatoes (Approx. 15 minutes)
Drain all water, and start dumping the rest of the ingredients:
6 boiled eggs
1 small red onion, chopped
3-4 stalks green onions, finely chopped
1 package frozen veggies (pick your favorite)
1 sm can chopped Olives
1 cup Mayonnaise
1 cup (8oz) Sour cream
1 tspn Tabasco
1/2 cup Bernstein's Restaurant Recipe Italian Dressing
...and the secret ingredient:
1 lbs Maple Smoked Bacon - fried and crumbled.
Salt & Pepper to taste
Chill 2 hours or refrigerate overnight and enjoy!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home