Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!


Hi everyone,

For those new to my blog, a big welcome! For those who have already wandered it's halls, welcome back!! So, what a year!! So man good and fun times! Let's take a stroll down memory lane, shall we?

The first half of the had me flying each week to San Francisco. We had a very successful project there and I am very happy to be part of a great team. During this month, I expanded my culinary skills by taking a souffle cooking classe at Draeger's in San Mateo and a cake decorating class at Sur La Table - I really, really enjoyed both classes.



February proved very romantic as Marc and I flew to Kauai, Hawaii and stayed at the Sheraton. As a Starwood Platnium preferred member, we were upgraded to a Oceanside room with the beach right in front of our room!

It was a very relaxing week and we even got to hike several miles of the famous and absolutely breathtaking Kalalau Trail.

For Marc's birthday, we went up to Napa for the weekend and did some wine tasting as well as visited my personal Graceland, the Culinary Insitute of America, Greystroke. We had a very tasty and memorable Birthday lunch there!

Spring time definitely catered to the dancing fool in me. Kyle, Rhonda, Mariah and I flew out to Oregon for the annual Portland Lindy Exchange. It was a lot of fun to see some old friends there. One of the highlights of the year came in May as I won two tickets to Dancing With The Stars at an online Charity Auction. Mariah and I headed out to the CBS studios in Los Angeles to see the hit show on ABC. ;) I expected to be part of the audiance, but never anticipated being seated front row right on the edge of the dance floor and only a few seats a way from the Judges. It was truly a fun and amazing experience to see the stars, especially my girl Kristy Yamaguchi dance a beautiful tango right in front of us! BTW - it is totally Live and all filmed in one hour!




Summer was here so fast. We spent my birthday at a little cottage bed & breakfast in Santa Barbara. We watched the Fourth of July fireworks from our balcony and the next day we had lunch in Solvang.

(TO BE CONTINUED...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home