Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Surviving is important, but Thriving is elegant.

This quote is from Maya Angelou. So, there was someone whom I thought was a friend that greatly disappointed me last night. I started to write a very angry and colorful email, but decided not to send it right away. I slept on it. Today I still feel a little dejected but the anger passed and in it's wake I found myself staring into points of light...

I believe the way you see people is the way you treat them and the way you treat them is what they become. Yesterday, the way I was treated by this "friend" left me confused, angry, resentful and dejected.

But what do you do? I went to my real friends and sought comfort, advice and affirmation. I learned that those shiny, points of light were the wisdom of generosity of my true friends who made me understand that I have to accept what comes at me and let me know that the most important thing is to meet it with courage and with the best I have to give.

Thank you for this, for listening, my friends...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home