Friday, July 07, 2006

Surprise Birthday Engagement!!


What a crazy week. David and I moved into our apartment this past weekend. We flew down on the 4th of July and spent the next day, my birthday, at the happiest place on earth! (Little did I know the new meaning it would take on for me.)

It's been over 12 years since David has been to Disneyland and we had a blast!! We had lunch at the newly renovated Orleans Cafe with family friends. Afterwards, we rode the newly updated Pirates of the Caribbean starring Captain Jack Sparrow.

Next, I took David to California Adventure to try out California Screamin' - my favorite coaster and cooled off at Grizzly River Run. My birthday dinner was at the House of Blues. Diana, Gilles, Eric, Mylene, Yggy and Eunice joined us for an outdoor dinner. They had fun getting to know him and visa-versa.

David admitted to me later that evening that he was so nervous meeting my friends. After dinner, I started to open presents. Diana and Mylene got me really nice presents. At the end, Eunice handed me a little gift box. I unwrapped it and there was a black velvet gift box.

I opened the box and, at first glance, I thought they were two diamond hoop earings... but then I got confused because David took the box out of my hand, took out a ring out and lifted my hand. I couldn't belive what was happening.

He smiled with a twinkle in his eyes ...and slowly slid the ring on my hand and softly said,

"Will you marry me?"

"Yes!"

We warmly hugged. I couldn't believe it... even as I felt the ring on my hand.

All my friends who were momentarily stunned started to laugh hoop and holler. Even Eric, Diana's son, said, "Will you guys get married?"

Folks, know that I love this man. Know that I am in still in shock. Know that we are going to have a looooooooong engagement. We are looking forward to our future as a couple and looking forward to hopefully raising a family too.

Stay tuned as Jenny and David begin their life together...

Click here for pictures...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home