Monday, November 12, 2007

State of the Mind

I woke up today feeling... blah. As a woman, well.. basically as 'Jenny', I am predisposed to (over)analyzing the events of this weekend, what was said, how it was said, who said it... and well, it left me feeling already drained.

I looked up at the white ceiling as questions started to pummel my brain: Do I have enough warm clothes for Boise? Why do I feel like I'm doing all the work in this relationship? Should I pass by Trader Joe's for Diana's citrus liquor that she's wanting? Who will apply with me for Amazing Race 13? Do I really have only $15 in my checking?? Why is Cingular double charging my air card?!

...there really is something to the "mad scientist" theory. Folks, without my Franklin Planner, I would be in jail. I know it.

OK, so I didn't feel like getting up. No motivation, nada. Somehow, like the consultant-robot in me switched on. I got out of bed and walked to window and put aside the heavy curtains. Ah, mists on the bay... distant airplanes slowly lumber along SFO like big bugs searching for passengers.

I have a lot of itty bitty work to do and just have to punch through it. I am writing this blog because I feel that motivation actually begins with hope. Hope that the day will get better, the week will fly by, I will be with my friends and the three muskateers will tear up Boise! The holidays and days off will be here... Hawaii is not that far off.

Hope is the key.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home